Finding a PG near you
If you are looking for a PG near to your office that is cost-effective and convenient then you are not alone. There are thousands of people who are looking for a good PG in Bangalore. Let us help you find the right housing solution.
Firstly, why not co-living?
A lot of people especially the younger folks both men and women are increasingly choosing co-living spaces instead of a mens or ladies PG respectively.
This is a growing trend simply because co-living spaces have a lot of advantages that traditional paying guest facilities simply do not offer, like:
1. All spaces are fully managed by a dedicated community manager
2. Round the clock security
3. Comfortable furniture
4. Active community
5. High-speed internet connectivity
6. Communal areas like lounges, game rooms etc.
7. Central locations
All of the above and so much more are today available for more or less the same cost of renting a PG. And in terms of locations, most of these properties are located in areas like Koramangala, Domlur, Bellandur etc.
Let us help you find the right space for you.
But if you still want to join a PG, read on.
PG makes sense if you are on a very small budget and with co-living spaces growing in number everyday, that price gap is sure to drop drastically (it has already started).
You can look for a PG in 3 ways:
1. Go from street to street and look for boards that say PGs for Men or PGs for Ladies etc.
2. Go to a real-estate broker and give him your requirement and pay a brokerage.
3. Register for a branded PG service like Nestway or Zolostays.
1. They are run by professionals so you can always raise your concerns to a management that will listen, the conventional PGs are horrible at this.
2. They are fully managed, so maintenance and other aspects are taken care of.
3. Your deposit is safe since they are reputable companies.
4. Zero brokerage. This is a big one.
If you still think going for the first 2 options are a good idea then go for a reputable broker and make sure that he is not taking you for a ride. Finding PG brokers is not at all difficult, more or less every "PG for Rent" ad is by them and not the owners or landlords themselves.
And if you are going to directly talk to PG owners or landlords then we would suggest doing extra research by talking to former and current tenants. We wrote a pretty extensive post on what life is like in a PG so check it out here: Life in a PG